Expert Advice Community

ISO 9001 Paper procedures

Guest user Created:   Aug 03, 2020 Last commented:   Aug 03, 2020

ISO 9001 Paper procedures

I am trying to eliminate all our paperwork instructions and procedures in binders in the plant, because they are a mess and not up to date. Question: Can you please tell me if these paper procedures require a MASTER INDEX, or MASTER RECORDS LOG of some sort to verify quickly if the latest document is on the floor or not?  It seems to me that this would be mandatory, or at the least very prudent. 

Your Thoughts please?

0 0

Assign topic to the user

ISO 9001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

ISO 9001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

Expert
Carlos Pereira da Cruz Aug 03, 2020

Yes, you are right. Please check ISO 9001:2015 clause 7.5.3.2 a). Organizations should have a way of controlling distribution of, or access to, relevant quality management system documents. If documents are on paper, I recommend using a matrix that relates document identification, version, location and who has access to it. If documents are on a digital support, I still recommend the use of a matrix to relate document identification, version, and who has access to it. This is critical to ensure that paper documents are updated whenever there is a change in version and that people is informed of the change (for paper and digital documents).

You can find more information below:

0 0

Comment as guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Aug 03, 2020

Aug 03, 2020

Suggested Topics