Expert Advice Community

ISO 9001 Process Approach

Guest user Created:   May 27, 2020 Last commented:   May 27, 2020

ISO 9001 Process Approach

In my experience small company Directors who I deal with, do not understand or are bothered with a process approach for ISO 9001 they are happy to get through the audit and get the certificate. They see the process approach as a hindrance (Time Consuming) to what they are currently doing and not as an aid to assist them in building a stronger company going forward.

I see that as one of my challenges going forward and look forward to your perspective on the process approach.

0 0

Assign topic to the user

ISO 9001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

ISO 9001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

Expert
Carlos Pereira da Cruz May 27, 2020

ISO 9000:2015 about the process approach states that consistent and predictable results are achieved more effectively and efficiently when activities are understood and managed as interrelated processes that function as a coherent system. 

What motivates your Directors? Getting results!

So, why not using the need to meet desired results or avoid undesirable results to start using the process approach and start showing results? Last week I used the process approach in a company with a problem of financial fines imposed by a client because of late deliveries. This week I used the process approach in a company with a big complaint from an important client. You can start using the process approach as a tool to solve performance challenges, that way you will be getting future allies in the use of the process approach not in a reactive but in a proactive way.

I use the process approach to reduce variability, as a lever to meet objectives, to design competency requirements, to determine job descriptions with sound responsibilities and authorities, to determine risks and opportunities.

You can find more information about the process approach below:

0 0

Comment as guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

May 27, 2020

May 27, 2020