Expert Advice Community

Recommendation for ISO 45001 implementation

Guest user Created:   Jun 18, 2020 Last commented:   Jun 19, 2020

Recommendation for ISO 45001 implementation

In practical terms, what is your recommendation to implement ISO 45001, which is the most recommended to follow step by step based on experience? Especially for the pharmaceutical industry.

specifically at the company level we have been applying corporate guidelines with international standards, as it is a transnational company, however after moving to deconsolidated, since 2016, we had only maintained ourselves with the guidance of the headquarters, today it is now a national company, what would be your key recommendation to prepare us to consolidate ourselves with *** parent company in the future? In the current social political context of ***, we have only been meeting local requirements.

Currently there was actually a restructuring in the organization, although I am no longer in the company, I would like to take your opinion into account to apply it when I start again.

0 0

Assign topic to the user

ISO 45001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

ISO 45001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

Expert
Mark Hammar Jun 19, 2020

My recommendation for the most practical way to implement ISO 45001 is to follow the diagram linked below, starting with the assurance of top management support as this is necessary for the project to work. Additionally, if you are not using a toolkit that includes a format to follow (for instance, the Advisera toolkits should be implemented in order), then the best idea is to go through the standard in the order it is written. First identify the context of the organization and record the policy (Clause 4), then make sure that leadership commitments are in place (clause 5), etc. The one exception to this is that the first thing you will want to do is to put in place your process for documented information (clause 7.5, for your procedures and records) since you will want to know the rules for documenting information like your OH&S policy before you start.

One specific thing to note as you work through your context of the organization, is to include all of the interested parties you mentioned (corporate, local and national government, etc.) and their requirements as pert of clause 4.2 assessment. This will give you a full, clear picture of the needs that you must incorporate into your OHSMS.

You can see the diagram for implementing ISO 45001 here: Diagram of ISO 45001 Implementation Process, https://info.advisera.com/45001academy/free-download/diagram-of-iso-45001-implementation-process

0 0

Comment as guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Jun 18, 2020

Jun 19, 2020