SPRING DISCOUNT
Get 30% off on toolkits, course exams, and Conformio yearly plans.
Limited-time offer – ends April 25, 2024
Use promo code:
SPRING30

Expert Advice Community

Required tools for ISO 27001

Guest user Created:   Jan 12, 2016 Last commented:   Jan 12, 2016

Required tools for ISO 27001

I am working in the ISO 27001 certification project which has started the project recently. In-addition, we started PCI-DSS project earlier and at the middle stage of that higher management would like to know about the estimated cost for purchasing different monitoring, assessment tools both for PCI-DSS and ISO 27001 and would not invest further for ISO 27001 requirement only at later. In this situation I have asked for a list of needed tools for ISO 27001 and I am preparing the list (e.g. Network Monitoring, Availability, Vulnerability; Database Activity Monitoring, Status; System Users Activity; Log Management; Change Management, etc.) Could you please help me in this regard to figure out all needed software/tool for assuring highest level of security, monitoring and assessment/analysis.
0 0

Assign topic to the user

ISO 27001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

ISO 27001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

DejanK Jan 12, 2016

Answer: PCI-DSS is not my field of expertise, but ISO 27001 does not require you to implement any of these tools - ISO 27001 requires you to assess whether there are risks in your organization that would require such tools, and if yes - then you would n eed to implement the tools.

In my experience, large majority of companies already do have most of the technology they need, but they don't use it in an appropriate way.

0 0

Comment as guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Jan 12, 2016

Jan 12, 2016