SPRING DISCOUNT
Get 30% off on toolkits, course exams, and Conformio yearly plans.
Limited-time offer – ends April 25, 2024
Use promo code:
SPRING30

Expert Advice Community

Response to AS9100 certification NC

Guest user Created:   Sep 13, 2018 Last commented:   Sep 13, 2018

Response to AS9100 certification NC

We recently had a Stage Two 3rd Party audit for AS9100D. We had 3 minor Nonconformances. The auditor is trying to tell us that we need to our Corrective Actions completed and in place within 30 days. I believe this is wrong. I know we are required to have a Corrective Action "Plan" approved by the auditor, but I believe we actually have until the next Surveillance Audit to have the Corrective Action completed.
0 0

Assign topic to the user

AS9100 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

AS9100 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

Expert
Mark Hammar Sep 13, 2018

Answer:
While it is true that AS9100 does not specify a timeline that you need to close a corrective action, certification bodies do have their own rules about responding to non-conformances found in certification audits. They are not able to certify your company if they have found a problem and you have not completely fixed that problem (i.e. closed the corrective action); if you only have a plan to fix the problem they cannot grant certification. An expectation to have the certification audit non-conformances fixed and closed in 30 days is a standard timeline from certification bodies, I have not seen expectations that give m ore time.
I would recommend looking at this 9001Academy blog post on how to proceed once a corrective action is identified as it is applicable to the AS9100 QMS as well: https://advisera.com/9001academy/blog/2016/09/20/how-to-proceed-once-qms-corrective-action-is-defined/

0 0

Comment as guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Sep 13, 2018

Sep 13, 2018

Suggested Topics

Guest user Created:   Nov 03, 2022 AS9100
Replies: 2
0 0

How to become an AS9100 auditor?

Guest user Created:   Nov 03, 2021 AS9100
Replies: 1