SPRING DISCOUNT
Get 30% off on toolkits, course exams, and Conformio yearly plans.
Limited-time offer – ends April 25, 2024
Use promo code:
SPRING30

Expert Advice Community

AS 9100 Certification Body

Guest user Created:   Nov 03, 2021 Last commented:   Nov 04, 2021

AS 9100 Certification Body

I have a doubt about the certification body, what does it mean? And for an aeronautical MRO which will be the certification body?
0 0

Assign topic to the user

AS9100 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

AS9100 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

Expert
Mark Hammar Nov 04, 2021

A certification body is an independent third-party organization that will audit your management system for the purposes of “certifying” that your QMS meets all of the requirements of a standard, such as AS9100 (however, any management system can be certified). Certification bodies differ around the world, and are accredited by what is called an accreditation body who will ensure that they are following appropriate management system audit processes.

AS I can’t really tell you for your location in the world who to choose, I would suggest searching what your national accreditation body is, then on their website they will have a listing of the certification bodies that they approve. From here you can determine which ones can certify for AS9100. Then, it is best to interview several certification bodies to find one that is best suited for your particular organization and type of aerospace industry.

When you interview some certification bodies you can use our checklist to make sure that you choose one that will best help your organization. You can find it here:  List of questions to ask an AS9100 Rev D certification body, https://info.advisera.com/9100academy/free-download/list-of-questions-to-ask-an-as9100-certification-body

0 0

Comment as guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Nov 03, 2021

Nov 04, 2021