Risks and opportunities are deviations from the expected due to uncertainty.
When dealing with non-conforming outputs we expect to treat them correctly, avoid unintended use and learn with them.
What kind of positive and negative deviations can you determine around non-conforming outputs in your organization?
Examples of risks can be:
* Failure to identify non-conforming outputs;
* Wrongly classifying conforming outputs as non-conforming;
* Disposal of non-conforming outputs that could be corrected.
Examples of opportunities can be:
* Downgrade non-conforming outputs and sell them instead of their disposal;
* Use non-conforming outputs as raw material for a high margin product.