Expert Advice Community

Special training for employees to help in implementing ISO 17025

Guest user Created:   Sep 23, 2020 Last commented:   Sep 23, 2020

Special training for employees to help in implementing ISO 17025

Good day

I am working on a plan to get up and running with the ISO 17025 for our lab and there is one thing that I am wondering about.

This is an Aquaculture company and currently, I am the only employee on the lab, the reason for why we are looking into ISO 17025 is that we are doing most of our measurement our self and want to be able to private the government our information without asking the 3rd party to make the samples ( of course in some cases that will always be necessary) and we also want to be able to offer our serves to other aquaculture company.

Ok now I come to the main question, I am the only employee in the lab but I have the aquaculture technicians to help me some times in some of the projects (those projects do not take place in the lab itself but are part of the lab work). Do I need to set up a special training program for them?

0 0

Assign topic to the user

ISO 17025 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

ISO 17025 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

Expert
Tracey Evans Sep 23, 2020

Implementing and obtaining accreditation to ISO 17025:2017 requires you to meet general requirements for competence (of personnel and operations) and consistent operations (in terms of quality of the work and results). This means that all personnel must be sufficiently skilled, trained and deemed competent for the specific task they are responsible for. ISO 17025 has mandatory requirements for documenting the competency requirements and retaining records.

The technicians should have suitable ISO 17025 awareness training, as they need to know how their role and actions can positively or negatively impact the consistent valid results of the laboratory. This could be inhouse, as long as the knowledge is gained and there is evidence of them understanding the scope and quality requirements of ISO 17025 as relates to their work and contribution to the laboratory accreditation.

The Whitepaper Clause-by-clause explanation of ISO 17025:2017 could also assist you with ISO 17025 awareness. Available at https://info.advisera.com/17025academy/free-download/clause-by-clause-explanation-of-iso-17025/

As personnel training and competency is a critical activity, the Advisera ISO 17025 toolkit includes the mandatory procedure as ISO 17025 document template: Competence, Training and Awareness Procedure along with 4 appendices: Training Program, Training Record and Performance Monitoring, Record of Attendance and Competence Approval and Authorization Record. You can preview the template at https://advisera.com/17025academy/documentation/competence-training-and-awareness-procedure/

Also have a look at the Advisera Expert Advice Community question and answer in deeming someone competent for more information. Available at https://community.advisera.com/topic/how-training-should-someone-have-before-they-are-deemed-competent-for-a-specific-task/

0 0

Comment as guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Sep 23, 2020

Sep 23, 2020

Suggested Topics