Expert Advice Community

Updating Quality Manual to match ISO 9001:2015

Guest user Created:   Oct 09, 2016 Last commented:   Oct 09, 2016

Updating Quality Manual to match ISO 9001:2015

I was wondering if our quality manual should follow the same structure (use the same clause titles) as the ISO standards. The link you sent me says the structure is up to us so I guess it doesn't have to follow the same format.
0 0

Assign topic to the user

ISO 9001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

ISO 9001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

Expert
Strahinja Stojanovic Oct 09, 2016

I didn't know if I should have our quality manual follow the same format as the new ISO:2015. i.e have the following clause headings.
0) Introduction
1) Scope
2) Normality references
3) Terms and definitions
4) Context of organization
5) Leadership
6) Planning
7) Support
8) Operation
9) Performance evaluation
10) Improvement

Is it advisable though to update to reflect new versions of the ISO?

Answer:

There is no requirement for Quality Manual to follow structure of the standard. The reason why companies decide to do so is because it helps them see how each of the clauses are met in their Quality Management System. Other than this, there are no reasons for adopting the clause headings of the standard in the manual.

Furthermore, the standard no longer requires organizations to have documented Quality Manual, so if you find it redundant for your QMS, you can even exclude it from your system. For more information, see: The future of the Quality Manual in ISO 9001:2015 https://advisera.com/9001academy/knowledgebase/the-future-of-the-quality-manual-in-iso-90012015/

0 0

Comment as guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Oct 08, 2016

Oct 08, 2016

Suggested Topics

Guest user Created:   Nov 08, 2018 ISO 9001
Replies: 1
0 0

Some IMS questions

Guest user Created:   Oct 27, 2023 ISO 9001
Replies: 1