Expert Advice Community

8.5.5 Post - delivery activities

Guest user Created:   Apr 06, 2020 Last commented:   May 12, 2020

8.5.5 Post - delivery activities

I am doing an audit about technical Support at our company and was using the ISO 9001:2015 standard to understand if their process meets the requirements. One of the items listed in the standard is that In determining the extent of post-delivery activities that are required, the organization shall consider: a) statutory and regulatory requirements. What questions related to that finding would be appropriate to ask the technical Support group?
0 0

Assign topic to the user

ISO 9001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

ISO 9001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

Expert
Carlos Pereira da Cruz Apr 06, 2020

For example, you can ask if there are any legal requirements related to guarantees or complementary services, such as recycling and final disposal. From there you can ask if they are planned, you can ask for records about their treatment and check if planned procedures are followed, you can ask for any performance monitoring and evaluation records.

The following material will provide you information about post-delivery activities:

0 1
Harparas Apr 08, 2020

Thank you. This is very helpful and guidance to understand what questions to ask related to technical support.

What clasue would cyber-securities related process fall under? 

0 0
Expert
Carlos Pereira da Cruz Apr 08, 2020

I’ve always considered cyber-security related issues under clause 7.5.3

As a minimum I recommend considering: access control; backups; anti-virus and firewalls.

0 0
Harparas Apr 08, 2020

Carlos,

I do not understand how cyber-secuirty falls under clause 7.5.3 Control of Document information? From my understanding, this clasue explains how processes and procedures are documented, controlled, updated, retained,  stored, version update, etc. Please advise.

0 0
Expert

According to clause 7.5.2 b) documents can be in several formats and supports suitable for use: on paper, in electronic format, as instructions in a computer application, as a graphic scheme, as a photograph of a defect, etc.

How do you ensure conformity to clause 7.5.2 c) in an electronic environment? Access control and different permissions levels

How do you ensure conformity to clause 7.5.3.1 b) in an electronic environment? Backups, antivirus, firewalls

How do you ensure conformity to clause 7.5.3.2 b) in an electronic environment? Backups, antivirus, firewalls

How do you ensure conformity to clause 7.5.3.2 c) in an electronic environment? Access control and different permissions

0 0
Harparas Apr 08, 2020

Oh I see. I failed to explain what cyber-security means for our company. When we say cyber-security, it refers to cyber-security for our products. We have a process in place to manage vulnerabilites of our products if dectected through internal testing, internal reporting, and/or external reporting and how we  react and resolve that. What would this specfic process fall under?

0 0
Expert

That changes my answer completely:

• internal testing – 8.6 and 8.7 (your quality control. One event may trigger action)
  • internal reporting – 9.1.3 (your performance evaluation. A trend may trigger action)
  • external reporting – 8.2.1 c); 9.1.2 and 10.2 (complaints, market or customer surveys, …)

Hope we both settled the issue

0 1
Harparas Apr 08, 2020

Yes, that helps! I was leaning towards 8.5.1 but I see why the listed clause above would cover the process we are auditing! Thank you very much! 

0 0
Harparas May 06, 2020

What clause would I use for certificates and lab testing required for products?

0 0
Expert
Carlos Pereira da Cruz May 06, 2020

If we are talking about purchased products that your organization wants to control in terms of quality, I would consider 8.4.2

If we are talking about manufactured products that we want to deliver and want to ensure quality, I would consider 8.5.1 a) and 8.6

I hope I understood your question well

0 1
Harparas May 06, 2020

Yes, the certificates are for the products we manufacture and provide to our customers. Thank you!.

0 0
Harparas May 12, 2020

We have a proces aid Global Sales in the selection and management of channel partners. What clasue would this fall under? 8 or 8.4?

0 0
Expert
Carlos Pereira da Cruz May 12, 2020

Consider the example of a small manufacturing company that want to sell their branded product through a big wholesaler chain. Most certainly, in this case, the relevant clause is 8.2. The wholesaler has all the power and they will pay a price for each order.

If the manufacturing company pays directly to the channel partner a kind of rent to “own” a shelf to display the product to consumers then the relevant clause is 8.4.

0 0

Comment as guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Apr 06, 2020

May 12, 2020

Suggested Topics

Guest user Created:   May 07, 2019 ISO 9001
Replies: 1
0 0

Post-delivery activities

Guest user Created:   Aug 09, 2017 ISO 9001
Replies: 2