Get 2 Documentation Toolkits for the price of 1
Limited-time offer – ends March 28, 2024

Expert Advice Community

ISO 9001 extent of process documentation

Guest user Created:   Nov 02, 2020 Last commented:   Nov 02, 2020

ISO 9001 extent of process documentation

My understanding is that ISO 9001:2015 allows significant latitude for organizations to determine the extent of process documentation they feel is required to maintain their QMS. However, it seems like trying to navigate a certification audit with very sparse process documentation would be to say the least challenging. The small to medium sized company I represent has very sparse process documentation and I am concerned about our odds of successfully navigating the certification audit. What are your thoughts or recommendations?

0 0

Assign topic to the user

ISO 9001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

ISO 9001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

Expert
Carlos Pereira da Cruz Nov 02, 2020

ISO 9001:2015 as you say does not make mandatory many documents. However, there are still several mandatory records - Consider this article - List of mandatory documents required by ISO 9001:2015 - https://advisera.com/9001academy/knowledgebase/list-of-mandatory-documents-required-by-iso-90012015/

I understand your concern, but as long as you know that common documents used by other quality management systems are not mandatory, you can defend your position.

I, as an auditor, do not like to prescribe what kind or number of documentations an organization should have. I, as an auditor, look into an organization’s complexity level, look into staff turnover figures, look into the quality and extent of the training program and, above all, look into organization’s performance before I raise an opportunity for improvement about the number or quality of an organization’s quality management system documents.

You can find more information about documentation below:

0 0

Comment as guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Nov 02, 2020

Nov 02, 2020

Suggested Topics