SPRING DISCOUNT
Get 30% off on toolkits, course exams, and Conformio yearly plans.
Limited-time offer – ends April 25, 2024
Use promo code:
SPRING30

Expert Advice Community

ISO 9001 Question

Guest user Created:   Sep 10, 2020 Last commented:   Sep 10, 2020

ISO 9001 Question

My company fluctuates between just me and maybe 6 employees, being engineers and drafters. My company is an engineering consultancy providing engineering advice to clients to resolve problems, or provide them with engineering studies and design projects of civil earthworks. The work normally culminates in a report of some kind along with drawings and specifications – All termed Deliverables. We also provide technical supervision of the construction of the dams that we designed. A separate construction contractor performs the construction reporting directly to the client. We don’t produce any physical products, only reports and specifications and drawings. I’m wondering then, what exclusions from ISO9001 might apply to my company?

0 0

Assign topic to the user

ISO 9001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

ISO 9001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

Expert
Carlos Pereira da Cruz Sep 10, 2020

ISO 9001:2015 prefers using the term non-applicability of clauses. Only clauses from section 8 may be considered as non-applicable.

8.1 is very general and applicable to all organizations, 8.2 is about commercial activities, every organization has commercial activities. 8.3 is about design and development and it is applicable since it is your main service. 8.4 is about purchasing relevant to the service and it is applicable. 8.5 may be applicable to the service of technical supervision of the construction of the dams and it is also applicable to your design work. Your job is designing projects (both 8.3 and 8.5). You have quality control, check calculations, check test results and you sometimes have errors, mistakes, failures. So, clauses 8.6 and 8.7 are still applicable. I think that even subclause 8.5.3 is applicable once your customer may give you drawings, information where intellectual property or business secrets may be relevant.

You may find more information below:

0 0

Comment as guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Sep 10, 2020

Sep 10, 2020

Suggested Topics

Guest user Created:   Apr 02, 2021 ISO 9001
Replies: 1
0 0

ISO 9001 Questions

Guest user Created:   Feb 12, 2021 ISO 9001