SPRING DISCOUNT
Get 30% off on toolkits, course exams, and Conformio yearly plans.
Limited-time offer – ends April 25, 2024
Use promo code:
SPRING30

Expert Advice Community

ISO27001 Lead Implementer Training

Lee Created:   Oct 21, 2021 Last commented:   Oct 26, 2021

ISO27001 Lead Implementer Training

Hello I recognise that the exam for the course provided by Advisera is "accredited" by Exemplar Global but there seem to be several ISO27001 Lead Implementer qualifications provided by and accredited by various companies. Are these qualifications benchmarked against each other to ensure they are the same level of detail/difficulty? Also, having passed the exam can you state you are an "ISO27001 Lead Implementer" or do you need to demonstrate some level of practice in the industry (in the same way as the CISSP and CISM qualifications) to an over arching body? I really like the content and having completed the Foundation exam am keen to proceed with the Lead, I'd just like to check my understanding of what this gives me. Best regards Lee

Assign topic to the user

ISO 27001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

ISO 27001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

Expert
Rhand Leal Oct 26, 2021

1 - I recognize that the exam for the course provided by Advisera is "accredited" by Exemplar Global but there seem to be several ISO27001 Lead Implementer qualifications provided by and accredited by various companies. Are these qualifications benchmarked against each other to ensure they are the same level of detail/difficulty?  

Unfortunately, at this moment our ISO 27001 Lead Implementer exam is not accredited, but we are in the accreditation process at this moment. As soon as this process is concluded our customers will be contacted.

Considering accredited exams, you need to check if the accredited providers are certified against ISO 17024 – which provides general requirements for bodies operating certification of persons.

Provided they fulfill this standard’s requirements, their certifications qualification levels are similar.

These articles will provide you a further explanation about ISO 27001 personnel certifications:

2 - Also, having passed the exam can you state you are an "ISO27001 Lead Implementer" or do you need to demonstrate some level of practice in the industry (in the same way as the CISSP and CISM qualifications) to an overarching body?

I’m assuming that by overarching body you mean “certification body”, or a similar organization that is responsible for issuing the certification (like ISC2 for CISSP and ISACA for CISM). 

Considering that, depending on the organization that is responsible for the exam, there may be other requirements to fulfill to be allowed to use the title "ISO27001 Lead Implementer". To know the specific detail you need to contact directly the exam provider.

For Advisera's ISO 27001 Lead Implementer Course, there are no additional requirements but attending the workshop and passing the exam.

0 0

Comment as guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Oct 21, 2021

Oct 26, 2021

Suggested Topics