ISO 13485 & EU MDR - Expert Advice Community

Create New Topic As guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Assign topic to the user

• Performing validation of process/activity

How to perform a validation of the process/activity?

• Implication of EU MDR Deadline on 26th May 2021

Given that the new implemetaion date for the EU MDR is 26th May 2021, if this is not further postponed, would it imply that CE certifcations for all devices under MDD must be recertified under MDR before being allowed to import and sell in the EU?

Is it applicable to all classes of medical device?
    What happens to the products that are already in the market/ in the stores or warehouses? 
    How would importer/wholesalers/end users find out if their products are CE certified under MDR?

• Inventory management

How is inventory management written in the ISO 13485?

• Necessary facility requirements to build medical devices

What facility requirements are necessary to build medical devices. (White rooms, etc.)

• Can ISO 9001 lead auditor audit ISO 13485?

Am a lead auditor in ISO 9001:2015 can it be difficult for me to audit the ISO 13485

• Other ISOs used by the medical devices

Aside from ISO 13485 what are the other ISOs used by the medical devices?

• Necessity of implementing ISO 14971 to obtain ISO 13485

Hi Kristina. Is it necessary to implement ISO 14971 to obtain ISO 13485:2016 if the company already has a risk management process (as per ICH Q9)

• MDR QMS requirements

'm looking at your MDR QMS requirements table and I have a feeling it doesn't refer to all the correct MDR requirements i.e. Resource management (ISO 6) in MDR is states something about the control of suppliers and subcontractors... that's not resource management, same with A strategy for complying with regulations that's not 7.2

• Training Validation for ISO 13485

I'm wondering how in depth I need to be in regards to training validation. Our training consists of reading the SOPs, and then signing off on their personal training records. My predecessor suggested creating an assessment quiz for each SOP, but it seems a little more labor intensive than the standard requires. I am thinking it might be more beneficial to create QMS assessment quizzes for certain processes (manufacturing dept, shipping dept, etc.) and then testing on a quarterly basis for comprehension and retention. ISO 13485 doesn't specifically say how this should be handled. I would appreciate any suggestions or feedback. Thank you!

• Customers' Feedbacks and Complaints

Firstly, I hope you and your family are safe during this challenging time. 
    I would like to thank you for your webinars. They are extremely helpful.

I am relatively new in this industry and I am struggling with a few quality related issues and I was hoping that maybe you could kindly have a minute to give me your expert opinion about the following:

1.) Would it be compliant that a medium size company (70  employees) to have separate procedures for Feedback and Complaint, Non-Conforming Product, Non-conformance and CAPA but the following logs: Feedback Log, Employee Suggestion Log (for employee feedback data gathering), CAPA log and just one log for both Complaints and Non-conformances.

2.) If there were 2 logs, one for complaints and one for non-conformances and a complaint is received that is investigated and considered a non-conformance, shall that complaint appear in both complaint log and non-conformance log? 
        Similarly, if a hypothetically a complaint is received and it is incident related, would it be registered in all logs applicable (complaint log, then incident log, then non-conformance log if it is due to a non-conformance, then in CAPA log when corrective action is required?) or can some of them be skipped (such as recording the incident straight into incident log rather than complaint log and in CAPA log to carry out relevant action plans?)

3) Is it  considered as being a complaint an instance when a customer is dissatisfied because his expectations are not met, but for meeting their expectations the regulatory requirements shall be broken?

I believe registering every issue that is detected in all the logs relevant is so confusing and time consuming.

Page 34 of 66 pages