Get 2 Documentation Toolkits for the price of 1
Limited-time offer – ends March 28, 2024

ISO 27001 & 22301 - Expert Advice Community

Create New Topic As guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Assign topic to the user

• Clause vs related control or vice-versa

Is it possible for you to provide me with a guide re above subject? Basically, a table or an Excel file mapping Clauses vs Controls for ISO 27001:2013. Does such a thing exist?
  • Asset list and Certification Audit

Should we share our asset list with them to ensure there are no duplicates across our asset lists. So they go ahead with the audit of assets on their list (i.e. the assets they manage and operate) and we continue with the surveillance audit of our asset list (i.e. the assets we manage and operate). Meaning we don't have to undergo end of year audit twice including all the documentation, records and controls implementation etc. In other words we as System Owners (of customer's systems who are the data and business owners) continue to be responsible for compliance.
  • Nomenclature recommended for control of the documentation

I was wondering about the nomenclature recommended for taking control of the documentation.  Do you recommend any codification or code to implement in any project?
  • Risk Acceptance Criteria

Our org is ISO 27001 certified. I want to design a Risk acceptance criteria policy and need help with that. Actually, a few control on risk contain high finance, so in this scenario how could we accept it by the approval of Mgmt?
  • Secure System Engineering Principles Document

I do not see a Secure System Engineering Principles document.  Is it within another document?
  • Some questions about ISO 27001:2013

ISO 27001 indicates to identify the risks owners (clause 6.1.2 c.2 ). what is the purpose of this clause? how do we determine the risk owners ?
  • Asset category

My company is taking third party for maintaining the fire alarm, HVAC so in which category i can put those assets? whether in infrastructure asset or third party asset? please help me for this..
  • Risk related to our building

I am still in risk assessment process, and there is a risk related to our building: water damage. This risk has high likelihood (since our building is built above a low level ground water, I mean: if we dig the ground for 2 meter depth, we can easily find water) and resulted in medium risk level. According to our organization's risk assessment policy, this risk level has to be mitigated. But somehow we can not find any feasible mitigation to respond to this risk, due to high cost investment. So, in times like this, what do will you suggest? My plan is to raise this issue to management and ask their approval to accept the risk.
  • Internal and External Issues

I'm starting to implement the ISMS, regarding the scope, I read a blog article (Explanation of ISO 27001: 2013 clause 4.1) and noticed I have to determine the internal and external issues. I define roles and responsibilities of all employees of the organization or just those involved in information security. And is there any recommendation for this, for example a list containing the name, job title, responsibility? 
  • Third Party SLA for out-of-scope Systems

Hello Dejan, We are currently ISO 27001 certified and the ISMS scope also includes our customers' systems (hosted at customer's premises as well as outside customer's premises). The same customer has also initiated their ISO 27001 Compliance initiative with the scope of "All IT Services". Now in this case to avoid duplicated ISO audits and remediation, what is the possible way forward. Should we share our asset list with them to ensure there are no duplicates across our asset lists. So they go ahead with the audit of assets on their list (i.e. the assets they manage and operate) and we continue with the surveillance audit of our asset list (i.e. the assets we manage and operate). Meaning we don't have to undergo end of year audit twice including all the documentation, records and controls implementation etc. In other words we as System Owners (of customer's systems who are the data and business owners) continue to be responsible for compliance. Also is it possible to develop an SLA between us in such a way that customer's ISO auditors do not carry out an exhaustive audit of our assets. For e.g. can we include the statement in the SLA that the service provider (i.e. us) is ISO 27001 certified and hence we avoid the duplication. We, as service provider, can always produce information to demonstrate compliance though. With the above approach, the customer would still be able to identify themselves as ISO certified. Please advise. Regards.