ISO 27001 & 22301 - Expert Advice Community

Create New Topic As guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Assign topic to the user

• How to define criticality?

Based on the results of BIA questionnaire, how i can define the criticality of my business process?
  • Enterprise Branch Certification

Dear Friends,   A foreign company branch needs to get certified. the branch assets mostly controlled by oversees company. even some servers and routers controlled by hq IT department. they need to get 27001. main company has isms but branch semi controlled semi independent. how is the documentation should be? should we get the main company documentation into branch docs too? I am seriously confused :) I hope you guy can guide me out.   Thanks for everyone for their interest
  • BIA Questionnaire and the RTO

Where in the BIA questionnaire i can put the RTO? I see only option (item 6) to put the MAO.
  • Minimum documents for business impact analysis

Which are the minimum documents of your toolkit that are necessary to do a BIA?
  • The best ISO to implement for a Data Center

What is the best ISO to implement for a Data Center and for the IT Personel, what are the best suitable Security Certifications they should go after?
  • Should Physical Cable prototypes be considered as information asset

Hi Dejan, Our company is Wire Harness manufacturer for Automotive Industry and we are conducting ISO 27001 Certification project ; While building the Asset Register, we did meet some issues: We have identified Prototype Designs of wire harness (electronic and paper designs information) as confidential information in the asset inventory .However I would like to know if Physical Cable prototypes should be considered as information asset or not. Thank you for your support.
  • ISO 27001 Stage 1 and Stage 2 audit

What happens in ISO 27001 Stage 1. What documents they will look?
  • Third Party Providers vs. ISMS Policy conflictions

Hi, I have a concern presently concerning ISO27001 and company ISMS policy / third party agreement guideline vs. a third party who plays a large role in company activities. Our third party agreement guideline states that third parties shall compy with certain security requirements. We have a provider that has stated  they are not iso27001 compliant but use many ISO 27002 principals, which is fine, but we are attempting to have them sign our agreemen - they do not want to sign, and I QUOTE "Because such a framework is subject to extensive governance, both internally as by external auditors and our overseers, security is not an area where we (they) have the liberty to accommodate and apply different security requirements per individual customer" UNQUOTE They have also provided a statement to replace what we have asked " QUOTE X shall at all times operate and manage the information security, reliability, resilience, and technology planning in accordance with its security control policy. In order to provide a more understandable framework for its specific business, the  X security control policy is organised around the 5 key dimensions of: governance, change management, confidentiality, integrity and availability. X has implemented a number of initiatives that enhance security, including a company-wide commitment to adopt many of the principles of ISO 27002, which is the code of practice for information security management. This involves, amongst others, risk management practices in line with ISO 27005 and NIST standards. These internationally recognised standards provide wide-ranging security guidelines" UNQUOTE How does a company get passed this in ensuring they apply to the company security requirements especially when this aspect can be audited? Is this acceptable? Thanks for your reply Paula
  • Management Review

Hi Dejan   I just purchased the foundations 2 webinar which I thought would show me how to complete the management review? am I looking in the wrong place? and if so can you change my subscription to the right webinar.   Thanks
  • How many work hours are needed for ISO 27001 implementation

Typically how many total hours work would an internal person/team need to invest to gain ISO27001 certification?
Page 539 of 542 pages