ISO 13485 & EU MDR - Expert Advice Community

Create New Topic As guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Assign topic to the user

• Content of the medical device file

Setting up the medical device file under the new 13485 have added ISO certs and Manufacturers Instructions is there anything specific I should be adding to it.
  • Software validation for raw material supplier

Hi,
  • Declaring compliance without certificate

Hi Strahinja,
  • Software validation in medical device

We are sitting for our ISO 13485:2016 shortly, and wish to know how we can validate our software for inventory management? Thanks in advance for the feedback.
  • FDA 21 CFR Part 820 vs ISO 13485

I am in charge of implementing FDA 21 CFR Part 820 for my company. We may also be selling our product in Europe in the future. Would complying with ISO 13485:2016 meet all FDA QSR requirements?
  • Exclusion of requirements

Thank you for your excellent product. We are an ISO 9001:2015 certified company, and primary business function is the repair of surgical drills and saws used in orthopedic and oral surgeries sent to us at our facility by the user. We also do a small amount of contract manufacturing for orthopedic companies. At this time, nothing that we make or repair is implanted into a person during procedures; we only repair the tools used to perform the operations. There are several sections in the 13485 standard that we do not do; can you tell me if we are exempt? I am still trying to wrap my head around all of the provisions in the 13485 QMS and all of the required procedures.
  • Questions on internal audit

I have a question regarding the Internal Audit procedure – is it common practice for the internal audit to be performed more than once a year?
  • Defining LOT number for medical device

I am currently helping a medical device manufacturing to get ISO 13485 certification and we are now currently in the Identification and traceability stage - how to create LOT number? I would like to get more information on that.
  • Auditing documentation requirements for ISO 9001 and ISO 13485

Please advice me in may concern. We are in process of re-certification audit for ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 13485:2016 but there is a difference clause in Documentation for ISO 9001:2015 it in clause 7.5 Documented information but in ISO 13485 its 4.2 Documentation requirement. What clause shall we use for internal audit? Clause 7.5 of 9001:2015 or Clause 4.2 of ISO 13485:2016.
Page 65 of 66 pages