SPRING DISCOUNT
Get 30% off on toolkits, course exams, and Conformio yearly plans.
Limited-time offer – ends April 25, 2024
Use promo code:
SPRING30

ISO 27001 & 22301 - Expert Advice Community

Create New Topic As guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Assign topic to the user

• ISO 17799/27001/27002?

What is a difference between ISO 17799/27001/27002? Pls do also throw a light on COBIT also.
  • mandatory backup policy?

I have a question on the following forum post by you:
  • Who can access the Business continuity plan?

I have one question regarding the BCP document itself: The level of classification and the people who can access to it are:
  • Which comes first in risk assessment: threat or asset?

We are a small organization say 100 employees or even less. For risk assessment purpose, I chose the threat and then thought about which assets would get affected, and then the vulnerabilities were identified. However, in the toolkit you advise to select the asset then the threats and then map vulnerabilities. Is my approach correct or should i rework this activity.
  • Regarding ISO 27001

Hi, Please provide your view on this   I've invited External auditor for ISO 27001 for one of the client. As if now, the client  Datacenter managed by them (Datacenter room is situated in same building where client is operating (workplace)  but all other controls are managed by client only) Now client is planning to move their data center at different place provided third party datacenter provider. Now all controls related to physical security managed by third party and it is already ISO 27001 certified. My Queries: What is going to be the difference in case client move its datacenter after gets certified. How we can leverage that datacenter service provider ISO 27001 once client will move its datacenter.
  • Security Policy Information

I would like to get your opinion regarding an issue on Security Policy Information . The A.5.1 control 27001 : 2005 provides that the Security Policy Information should be critically analyzed at planned intervals or when significant changes occur. In the case of significant changes were not identified during the review of the Policy, you understand that we can maintain the same policy and that there is no need to republish it ?
  • Business Continuity Question

I was wondering if the Business Continuity Disaster Recovery plan can function as an Availability policy as well. This is to comply with SOC 2.
  • Need guidence on IT Sec

Recently I got a new responsibilities of CISO but I'm not aware about it so much. Can you guide to be CISO? How to start with which beginner certifications? If any online classes for it
  • Do we need to document each control?

I have a question on the mandatory documents; does this means that, even if in the risk assessment step or building our SOA we find any control that are applicable to our company, we not necessarily have to document it? Or this mandatory documents are a complement to those documents you create from the risk assessment  and SOA?
  • Why write policies before the risk assessment

I am still not sure why/how we could 'set the Policies' (2nd step, the 1st being the 'scope') first before performing a formal risk assessment. Would you be able to clarify it for me please?