SPRING DISCOUNT
Get 30% off on toolkits, course exams, and Conformio yearly plans.
Limited-time offer – ends April 25, 2024
Use promo code:
SPRING30

ISO 17025 - Expert Advice Community

Create New Topic As guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Assign topic to the user

• Procedure for documents and records

I thought that a procedure was not needed for ISO 17025"2017 for documents and records. I don't believe they are mandatory according to the requirements but wanted to verify.

• Assuring impartiality and confidentiality

I'm looking at what rules to set in order to assure the impartiality and the confidentiality if the laboratory is working only for mother company? So the Accreditation is only for internal use.
  • Certificate of calibration

If a new equipment didn't bring any certificate of calibration, can I use the receipt as first use proof for a specific as valid calibration?

• Accreditation bodies for Lab

Do you have any suggestion for accreditation bodies for Lab to accredited ISO 17025?
    What is the difference between accreditation bodies and certification bodies?

• Ilac compatibility to previous versions and ISO 17025

Hello, I want to find out if ilac g8:03 is compliable with ISO 17025:2017 or only with ilac G 8:09? Thanks for the answers.

• Risk & opportunities for food testing laboratory

I am one of the quality managers from the ISO/IEC 17025 accredited laboratory, XYZ. Currently, we change the 2005 version to the 2017 version, so we face difficult new clause Risk & Opportunities. How can I do the risk actions to be taken and implement monitor and follow up action
  • Quality Manger and Head of Department

How we can implement/ show to the assessors the improvement clause in ISO 17025; 2017 effectively?

• ISO 17025 Accreditation

Hello. I have a question regarding ISO 17025 accreditation for an in-house test lab. We operate a small lab within a larger manufacturing company in the aerospace industry. Some of our activities, such as equipment calibration, are handled outside of the lab, on the manufacturing side of the company. How would this situation affect ISO 17025 compliance? Our company does have ISO9001 accreditation. Thanks!

• ISO 17025 questions

Assuming that I do the heavy lifting like completing your toolkit program and making sure pre-assessment checklists are covered... Couple questions I have:

1. IS this even possible with a 1 man operation? It seems like several processes require a few staff. Things like management structure, training documentation, impartiality...

2. Our scope is extremely limited, and there really are no datapoints, 99% are pass fail criteria based on interpretation. How do we handle stuff like proficiency? Our 17025 scope would be ANSI/an accredited furniture testing standard furniture testing standards, a minimum of 2, maximum of 6, and they are all composed of the same procedures...

IF you guys actually perform accreditation services:

3. Assuming we have all of our pre assesment checklist completed... How do we determine an overall cost, and can you give me a fairly wild ballpark right now?

4. What is the deposit and required steps to begin the process and pending letter of accreditation?

IF you DO NOT perform accreditation services, do you have a recommendation?  

• Implementing 17025 from 9001

We have ISO 9001 implementation in place and we are looking to implement ISO 17025. What kind of clauses we may omit to avoid repetition and still be able to comply with 17025? To be more precise what kind of procedures required in 9001 may be used in the implementation of 17025?

Page 32 of 35 pages