SPRING DISCOUNT
Get 30% off on toolkits, course exams, and Conformio yearly plans.
Limited-time offer – ends April 25, 2024
Use promo code:
SPRING30

ISO 27001 & 22301 - Expert Advice Community

Create New Topic As guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Assign topic to the user

• Environment and Scope

As a higher education institution, we operate in a hybrid environment encompassing cloud and on-premise resources, third-party services, as well as both in-house and outsourced application development. Our ISMS scope is currently confined to the IT department. Given this, which assets should we include in our ISMS? 

Should it be limited to IT assets such as infrastructure, servers, network systems, applications, data centers, UPS, air conditioning, connectivity, and IT human resources? Or should we extend the scope to include departments like HR and Procurement?

When it comes to setting our ISMS objectives, considering the scope is limited to the IT department, should the security objectives also be confined to IT-related security measures?

• Apply procedure for document and record control only to information security policies in Conformio?

In the Conformio implementation step "Procedure for document and record control" the document Purpose states "This procedure is applied to all documents and records related to the ISMS", how can I change that?

However the Requirements sections reads "You may choose whether these rules apply only to information security policies, procedures, plans and records, or to the documentation for your whole company."

How do I change the document to reflect that?

• Can a company be certified by someone who works for them?

I noticed you have individual certification courses for ISO27001. I was wondering if a company can be certified by someone who works for them.

For example, I am a contractor for Enhance Patient Finance. if I got ISO27001 individually certified as an auditor could I then certify Enhance Patient Finance as ISO27001 certified even though I am one of their developers/contractors?

• A.15.2.2 Managing changes to supplier services

I have read the implementation guidance in ISO 27002 but I am still not sure of what type of controls we should implement to be compliant with the control A.15.2.2 (ISO27001:2013). I understand that this is regarding changes in supplier agreements and/or Terms and conditions, changes in how our company uses the supplier services etc. Could anyone share how you have implemented this control? We have a non conformance from our recent audit regarding this hence my question.

• Missing ISO27001 References in List of Documents

Hi Advisera Support,

just working through your Dokument List PDF File, which I personally really like as an overview of the referrences to the ISO 27001:2022

BUT in this context, I  am missing some essential referrences, which I would have expected there.

Are theses intentionally missing there or don't I have the latest Version of he Dokument List PDF

IMHO, following Referrences to the ISO 27001:2022 are missing: 4.1, 4.4, 5.1, 6.1.1, A.5.1, A.5.2, A.5.3, A.5.4, A.5.6, A.5.8, A.5.34, A.5.36, A.7.1, A.7.2, A.7.3, A.7.5, A.7.8, A.7.11, A.7.12, A.7.13

Please provide me in which of the Advisera template Doks the relevant Chapters of the ISO are mentioned.

• Screening and vetting policy

I am using the Documentation kit to develop our 27001 documents. I can not however locate a Screening and Vetting Policy template - any one able to point me at where it is ?

• Asset and Risk Owners - can it be a role and also a name of an employee

In the asset and risk registers, can the asset owner and risk owner be both a role (like IT Manager) and also the name of a specific employee? Or does it have to be one of those and cannot be the other?

• A.15.2.2 Managing changes to supplier services

I have read the implementation guidance in ISO 2002 but I am still not sure of what type of controls we should implement to be compliant with the control A.15.2.2 (ISO27001:2013). I understand that this is regarding changes in supplier agreements and/or Terms and conditions, changes in how our company uses the supplier services etc. Could anyone share how you have implemented this control? We have a non conformance from our recent audit regarding this hence my question. 

Thank you in advance!

• Risk Treatment Advice

Hello,

We are a small IT co. currently at Risk Treatment stage. IT manager has now become engaged in more detail and suggesting that we accept all suggested controls automatically generated for each risk. Understandably, his thinking is that it is safer to be comprehensive and many controls will be selected in other risks anyway. I think that there is a danger here that explaining any given control applied to a risk might look like 'box ticking' if the control is not really applicable/relevant to the particular risk.
    Example; one risk/threat pair  'Rules for mobile devices not defined/theft, vandalism, or sabotage' offers 32 controls.If we have to explain/justify each of these controls in SoA that seems a lot of work and some justifications may be thin? This is just 1 of 114 risks he has selected for application of controls, so we may be creating a huge mountain to climb?

Any advice/guidance on this appreciated. 

• Scope

In the case of a group of three companies (A, B, C), company A is to be certified. All three companies have their own, independent customers and suppliers. The servers and network components of all three companies are located in the data center of company A. How must the SCOPE of company A be described if the servers and network components of companies B and C are NOT to be part of the certification?

Page 5 of 542 pages