SPRING DISCOUNT
Get 30% off on toolkits, course exams, and Conformio yearly plans.
Limited-time offer – ends April 25, 2024
Use promo code:
SPRING30

ISO 14001 - Expert Advice Community

Create New Topic As guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Assign topic to the user

• Environmental aspects in office

I am rewriting the QMS of a small engineering company, transferring it from ISO 9001:2008 to the Integrated ISO 9001/14001 using your templates. The templates function well and are relatively easy to use. What troubles me is defining the environmental aspects for such a company. The engineers work in the office and not in the field and the work is done here in the office. I cannot see environmental aspects of any significance in our daily work. Focusing on environmental solutions in our design that will help our customers fulfill environmental sustainability is what we try to do and advising them of alternative solutions when we see the opportunity to do so-that we do as well. So perhaps you can give me a hint about the environmental aspects I should focus on.
  • Same person implementing and auditing ISO 14001

Can the internal auditor could be one of the member of team implementing EMS program by doing some actions in a small size company?
  • Too many environmental aspects

Thank you for your follow up and yes, I was able to download all the documents. Quite helpful. So far I have no questions & I've made my initial presentation to top management. Next meeting is in 3 weeks to discuss context, IPs, & review Scope again. I've absorbed all that pretty well now & have a plan. What I'm struggling with most is how much to "start over" in determining aspects. Again, I'm trying to simplify our existing system, using this transition as a time to re-evaluate our very long & detailed aspects list (500+ items). So...if you have guidance or more example on how to fill out the process aspects spreadsheet, it would help me decide how to strike the balance. I know I still have to complete it for my company, but it appears that most companies have far fewer aspects than we do.
  • What is GAP analysis tool?

What is the gap analysis tool for ISO 14000 : 2015?
  • Where to start ISO 14001 implemtntation

I just want to know where to start ISO 14001 implementation.
  • Environmental aspects and objectives

1. I'm attempting to do all my aspects and impacts in excel. I have an environmental objects tab and targets tab. Do I have to set a target for every aspect or just the ones that are significant?
  • Implementing 2004 before 2015 revision

I was just wondering if you could give me your opinion on whether or not you think it would be beneficial for companies who are not ISO 14001 certified to achieve ISO 14001:2004 prior to achieving ISO 14001:2015 OR if you think it's better if companies go straight towards achieving ISO 14001:2015 and skip over v. 2004?
  • Life-cycle and environmental aspects evaluation

Can I conduct life cycle evaluation together with environment aspect evaluation? I am so confused with life cycle issues in ISO 14001:2015, I need a detail guidance. By the way, what ​is the ​purpose of life cycle consideration is in EMS?
  • Product life-cycle and nonconformity

Certification auditor launches to our company a CAR as follows “No evidence of the controls toward related processes have been made to ensure that environmental requirements are considered on life-cycle of products and services (from purchasing, design & development, production, delivery, transportation, using ) acc to clause 8.1, ISO 14001-2015) “Can you kindly help me how to meet this requirement ?
  • Procedure for work environment

I have been given a task by my boss to write down a procedure on Work Environment so I do not know where to start.
Page 56 of 57 pages