SPRING DISCOUNT
Get 30% off on toolkits, course exams, and Conformio yearly plans.
Limited-time offer – ends April 25, 2024
Use promo code:
SPRING30

ISO 14001 - Expert Advice Community

Create New Topic As guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Assign topic to the user

• Procedures vs processes

In your demo, we only talk about writing procedures. I would like to know if the processes are not mandatory? You do not mention it. IF I understand the update just rest these 12 procedures?
  • Process model and documentation

I subscribed to your site and started buying procedures. But I noticed that on your site we do not talk about processes or at least there is no process model. Can you tell me a little bit about the processes knowing that the standard requires writing processes or is not mandatory.
  • Activities after the implementation

I would like to know what to do after the implementation of the procedures and the compulsory documentation? I still do not find myself on process development knowing that our business has business-based processes. I am a trainee and I have the mission to update the EMS of my company.
  • Main objective of the EMS

What are the main objectives of environmental management?
  • How to address life cycle perspective in providing services?

Life cycle perspective is not too difficult to implement for products, but may be a bit more complicated when providing services. A logistic company has to control carefully waste, fuel, trucks when designing and executing deliveries. Is it enough? Can you give me some suggestion'
  • Interested parties and leadersip

No idea on the interest parties and leadership. Mind to help?
  • Processes vs. Procedures

What is the difference in the Processes versus Procedures in 14001?
  • Environmental controls in virtual company

Hi, can you give me some advice please – our organisation is virtual, so everyone works from home. My question is in relation to the Guidelines – in our work we do not have medical waste, for example, so that guideline is not applicable. But where a guideline could be applied to individuals home premises, would this therefore become applicable? For example the waste management Guideline?
  • Determining environmental context

1) How do I include environmental conditions and events?
  • Risks and opportunities in ISO 14001:2015

Dear Strahinja, To give you a little background, we are a small electronics company with approximately 120 employees. We have been working to implement ISO 14001:2015 for approximately 6 weeks. We already were compliant with ISO 14001:2004 version. We are planning to have our first NSF audit 7/17/17. I believe that most of the 14001:2015 requirements are being covered but we are still very confused on Risks. I have read multiple white pages but I haven't seen an actual example of an environmental Risk. I decided to utilize our APQP risk assessment form because it is very similar to others I found on the internet. But when my team sits down to discuss what a Risk is, I struggle to be able to explain it. We already have a list of aspects, so do we utilize the aspect list to create potential environmental problems that become our Risks or are Risks something we invent? For example, there is a fire and the fire reaches our stock of different types of plastic, burning it and creating dangerous smoke that pollutes the air. Would this b e one Risk? If so, then do I sit the EMS team down and invent multiple Risks that our processes could create if something major happens in the facility? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Page 51 of 57 pages