ISO 17025 - Expert Advice Community

Create New Topic As guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Assign topic to the user

• Measurement uncertainity

We are curtain wall, doors and windows performance testing laboratory. The representative sample of the door or windows (consists of aluminium profiles, glass, etc.) are installed in the lab as closed chamber. Resistance of the system to air, water and wind load are analysed by varying the pressure of the system. The range of pressure (negative and positive pressure) are as per the project specifications. We do the testing as per international standards (ASTM, CWCT, AAMA, BS) only. We have rotameters, pressure gauges, deflection gauges and water spray nozzle as the measuring instruments. All of them are externally calibrated. Final result are recorded as either passed or fail.
    Is measurement of uncertainty applicable for our scope of work? what are factors to be considered if we requires to calculate the same? can you suggest some tools for the calculation?

• 8.5 Actions to address risks and opportunities (Option A) (new)

I would like to know how we can comply with clause 8.5 from ISO 17025:2017. we have acoustic laboratory for testing building materials

• What do I need to become a NRTL?

Our customer frequently ask us to perform a calorimeter on the HVAC compressors we sell to them. Typically we have the factory do this for free but the factory is in Korea, so this takes time. So we then started to consider getting our own machine and doing the test ourselves. That quickly migrated to getting NRTL and purchasing a psychrometric room in addition to the calorimeter. So my question is what do I need to become a NRTL, I'm seeing that I would need accreditation from an A2LA or similar organization. And if I am understanding this correctly we would need ISO 17025 to get the accreditation. So my question is am I understanding this correctly? I hope this made sense its a long story and I am sure you don't want all the crazy details. Any help or advise you can give would be appreciated.

• Environment microbial limits

I was searching the net to find out the environment microbial limits. For ISO purposes, could we create our own limits?

• Is it necessary having third party come to certify accuracy of my equipment periodically

I am going through tons of information I downloaded your clause by clause document and it was helpful.  I do have one question.  The units I am looking at have recommendations on how often to calibrate the sensors and gauges.   My question is as a NRTL do I have to have a third party come in a certify the accuracy of my equipment periodically?  If so how often?

• Level of competence

I just need to ask a question regarding the level of competence required for an individual in order to sign off on test results within a lab. We are assessing the application of 17025 and just getting a bit of information together first to see where we stand with finances etc and this area will be significant. Question really is to ask if an individual who has 20 years plus of experience with both methods and hands on experience and is really knowledgeable on the subject, it that sufficient to provide responsible sign off of product even although the individual is not a doctor or a professional body member etc. Obviously all of the documentation such as risk etc will support the sign off and the company already has 13485 as its QMS certification. Is there a document that woudl define teh requirements to sign off on testing and results etc... Thank you for your time

• Addressing Improvement clause

1. How to address Improvement clause?

2. What data should be included in the context of Improvement data analysis

• Clause 8.1 Management system requirements

Good afternoon. Thank you and I hope I will get assistance. We are currently working towards accreditation and actually at a training workshop  .... document review. I am working on clause 8.1 Management system requirements and would like to come up with a procedure for this clause
  • Converting from 17025:2015 to 17025:2017

when we convert to 17025 2017 from 17025 2015 do we need to format new documents or we can change the number of existing document.

• Key positions in ISO 17025

I have a question about organization chart for iso 17025.
    we are small laboratory and I am wondering what are the key positions?

Page 24 of 35 pages