SPRING DISCOUNT
Get 30% off on toolkits, course exams, and Conformio yearly plans.
Limited-time offer – ends April 25, 2024
Use promo code:
SPRING30

ISO 27001 & 22301 - Expert Advice Community

Create New Topic As guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Assign topic to the user

• ISO 27001, COBIT and SOX

When is ISO 27001 is used and when are the compliance considered like SOX, COBIT etc. ?
  • ISO 27001 and massive companies

I am trying to find a solution to documenting new procedures and policies for a massive company.. in particular the risk department. At the moment there is nothing in place what so ever.... So i will have to work from the beginning on what is happening and where are the shortfalls. In order to find improvements which are documented. I need to start from scratch
  • Control objectives in the Statement of Applicability

I have a question specific to completing the SoA, and the table in Section 3: Applicability of Controls. I'm clear on all of the columns except one: "Control Objectives". I feel like I want to copy/paste the same text all the way down: "Control risk exposure" ! But that doesn't feel quite right :) Have you any suggestions?
  • ISO 27005 training vs ISO 31000 training

I have an important career related question for you. I would really appreciate your help on this. I have planned my career in the direction of IT Risk Management. I was going to join a training for ISO27005 but the training institute is offering me ISO31000 instead. As per my career path, what do you think should be the best training for me ISO27005 or ISO31000? I also went through an article on Advisera website on the same topic but I am looking for a specific advice for myself(depending on my career path) and I know you can help.
  • Financial impact in BIA methodology

Hi, I'm interested in your BIA Methodology, more specifically in the financial impact methodology, is it included in your BIA Methodology or do you have a specific methodology for assesing the financial impact?
  • Controls for IT department

Which controls of 27001 should be read by my IT department in particular, please?
  • ISO 27001 and ISO 22301

1. Is there any comparison of clauses between both these standards as which are the same and how much percentage are differenent? I know these are different standards but may be you have a comparison in a blog?
  • 13.1.2 Security of network services

I think I have just not understood what is required........ My client network is completely managed by a supplier..... what should my client do to comply to this control....?
  • Interested parties in the ISMS manual?

Hello, I have added the interested parties in our ISMS manual under Context of organization. I would need help on how to add a procedure on collecting feedback from interested parties. Can anyone of you help me by giving an example on how to prepare this procedure?
  • Audit in one location and continue in another location

Is it possible to update Risk Register after Audit has been performed in one location but is expected in other?