ISO 14001 - Expert Advice Community

Create New Topic As guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Assign topic to the user

• EMS Manual content

"I work at hotel industry, already ISO 14001:2004 version implemented here. By the way, now we are going to new version. So, I want to know about what kind of thing must input EMS Manual?
  • Separate MR?

"I just want to know whether we need to appoint separate MR under EMS or if the MR already assigned through ISO 9001 is sufficient, however the person in charge for EMS is different from MR under 9001?”
  • Risks and evaluation of compliance

"How is risk calculated with respect to environment?
  • Identifying aspects and impacts

"I am working with an automobile OEM.
  • Management representative in ISO 14001:2015

We are an inspection company who is looking forward to get certified for ISO 14001:2015, to that end we already started preparation of required Documents (manual) As per the standard ISO 14001:2015, it is stated that Management has to appoint EMS representative. Can it be someone from admin staff (for eg. Office Manager) who can take up this role provided he is qualified for the position.
  • Audit follow up steps

"What are the steps to do a good post audit follow up?”
  • Updating auditor competence

"I have been trained for Integrated Management Systems Internal Auditing for both ISO 14001:2004 version and OHSAS 18001:2007. Also a lead auditor for ISO 9000 series and the ISO/TS 16949:2009 version.
  • Box Plot in ISO 14001

How post-hoc will be correlated with box plot?
  • Requirements for a third-party consultant/training provider

" What are the minimum criteria that ISO requires for a third-party consultant/training provider to possess before he can provide the required EMS internal auditor training to a client's ISO 14001 champion? I was under the impression that such a service provider had to have taken at the very minimum the ISO 14001 Lead Auditor 5-day course and had conducted at least one supervised second party audit at a client's site.”
  • Life cycle consideration

"I have largely been involved with Quality Management Systems (9001) and I have now been tasked with creating/integrating an EMS which will be certified to ISO 14001:2015. We manufacture instrumentation (thermometers), but we also buy some products from overseas (from a number of different factories in China). We do not have a purchasing policy to use only 14001 certified suppliers (as the majority of them aren't), we don't have the resources to go to the factories to perform 14001 audits on them, and we do not buy products from them in large enough quantities for our business to influence them.
Page 36 of 57 pages