SPRING DISCOUNT
Get 30% off on toolkits, course exams, and Conformio yearly plans.
Limited-time offer – ends April 25, 2024
Use promo code:
SPRING30

ISO 14001 - Expert Advice Community

Create New Topic As guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Assign topic to the user

• What is an environmental aspect?

"What is an environmental aspect?”
  • Legal requirements identification

"I have a question for evaluation of compliance to applicable legal requirements relating to EMS. How do I know what is a legal requirement? Second I have list of permits under a form of F-690 would that be an EMS legal requirement?”
  • Análisis de riegos y auditor interno

Buenos días gracias por la oportunidad‎ tengo dos incógnitas:
  • Applying life cycle perspective:

"I'm an Environmental Engineer currently working in a Building Contracting company in Dubai. I was looking at applying Life cycle perspective into our existing Environmental Aspects Register and required some help. Could you please share an example of how Life cycle perspective can be applied for a construction site? For example, life cycle perspective for the ready-mix concrete arriving on our site. Do we need to apply the same to all our products, activities and services separately?
  • Expiring soon ISO 14001 certification

The company I am helping is 14001 certified. The certification needs to be renewed by September 2018. They have not made changes to meet the new 2015 standards. Are they better off being audited and failing, or letting the certification expire while they make the needed changes?
  • Environmental Performance Indicators

We fulfilled our first year of environmental management abd I am about to prepare the management reviews using the documents "12.1_Appendix_1_Matrix_of_Environmental_Performance" and "12.2_Appendix_2_Data_Analysis_Report_EN_mb".But I do not understand the terms OPI and MPI. The definitions given in the comments also sound very similar ("Operational Performance Indicator – Provides information on environmental protection emerging from organization activities." and "Management Performance Indicator – Provides information on organization management efforts for environmental protection. ").Is there an example or further explanation about the kpi?Thanks.
  • The life cycle perspective

"How to assess and implement life cycle perspective? Do you have any procedure or sample to implement life cycle assessment?”
  • Hard copies not a must

"All records of ISO 14001:2015 need to be maintained in Hard copy – state true or false and justify.”
  • Auditing versus monitoring

"Is there any difference between environmental audit and environmental monitoring and evaluation?”
  • Risks and opportunities and environmental aspects

"(1) In which clause of ISO14001:2015 Standard I can find identification and relative significance of risk and opportunities of environmental impact? (2) Do all environmental aspect required to have operational control?”
Page 40 of 57 pages