SPRING DISCOUNT
Get 30% off on toolkits, course exams, and Conformio yearly plans.
Limited-time offer – ends April 25, 2024
Use promo code:
SPRING30

ISO 17025 - Expert Advice Community

Create New Topic As guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Assign topic to the user

• Best laboratory practices

What best laboratory practices need to follow in the laboratory?
  • Validation and accreditation questions

I don't know if you can help. We are looking for advice as we have two opposing trains of thought, both which can be valid when thought about. We want to accredit the analysis of Cu ores by acid digestion followed by ICP-OES analysis. There are samples with a Cu concentration of ~1% as well as samples with a Cu concentration of ~15%. The samples with the ‘low’ Cu concentration require crushing, whereas the samples with ‘high’ Cu concentrations samples do not. For sample digestion, the same acids will be used. However, after digestion, different dilutions are required to obtain the different Cu concentration ranges. Two Questions: 1)    must the process of sample size reduction for analysis be included in the validation process for accreditation? 2)    can you validate this as one method, even though different size reduction requirements and  dilutions are used prior to analysis?
  • Specific policy/procedure alongside our scope

I have a query in relation to a specific policy/procedure which we have to draw up in relation to our scope. Since we are looking at this standard to be able to conduct RNG Tests in alignment with the following requirements: ***, would we be assisted in drawing up this process? I understand that this is something specific to each client so I do not expect this document to be included in the template.
  • Risk assessment of impartiality

We just had external audit ob ISO 17025 and is just seekings some info on risk assessment of impartiality to be done with every inspection assignments . We are sprinkler inspection group inspection systems at client sites to the design standard followed and current performance, but only Certification was via *** although we are not a lab and testing in a lab. Therefore generic examples are the same but detail we are looking for other inspection services not laborotary base who are ISO 17025 certified and how they interpret impartiality compliance?
  • Laboratory activities in Section 5 - Structural Requirements

What are the laboratory activities in Section 5., Structural Requirements, that the 17025:2017 is referring to?
  • Inquiry: ISO 17025 accreditation of a microbiological laboratory

Can an environmental microbiology laboratory, analyzing soil microbial communities' functional diversity (BIOLOG method) and/or microbial enzymatic assays (e.g., ß-glucosidase, phosphatase or urease activity), be ISO 17025 accredited? Since no standards are available for soil microbial functional diversity and activity, I am not sure if the lab can be accredited. Your guidance will be greatly appreciated.
  • Validity of 17025 accreditation

Hello, I was wondering if you could help me with a question. Once a lab is accredited to 17025, does this expire? And are there defined time frames for external audits, eg ever other year or so? Many thanks for your help, much appreciated!
  • Control charts and trending and level IV data validation

Our auditing body is asking for control charts and trending and level IV data validation, can you please guide us in what is the best way to compile and present this to our auditor? Thank you!
  • ISO 17025 Certification Requirements

Hi there, I am interested in finding out what the requirements are for calibrating/ running standards on a GCMS are for ISO certification?
  • Calibration vs verification

I hope you can help me - it's mainly for my own understanding: The laboratory doesn't do outside calibrations - so references to calibrations are deleted. I understand this. What I don't understand is that measuring instruments (eg ICP, AA, XRFs) are calibrated before use (sensitivities to elements of interest are set), not verified so why are these not included in 7.4? (or any reference to calibrations actually)
Page 10 of 35 pages