ISO 27001 & 22301 - Expert Advice Community

Create New Topic As guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Assign topic to the user

• Difference between plans

Hello Dejan, What are the main difference between the business continuity plan, Incident response plan and recovery plans in your toolkit? For my DRP (IT Recovery), what are the more appropriate?
  • Matching threats and vulnerabilities

Currently I'm doing Risk Assessments in my organization using your "Risk Assessment Table". I find it very difficult when it comes to matching Threats to Vulnerabilities. As you know I'm doing the assessments with System/Process owners or Department managers and this exercise needs a lot of corporation from them. I was wondering if it is possible to make this a much simpler approach. Like If a particular threat is selected only the vulnerabilities related to that threat will show up in the Vulnerabilities column, so it is much easier to match rather than scrolling through the whole list. Please advise on making this task simple.
  • How can I approach the certification body to gain audit experience

I am started to learning of ISMS-ISO27001 controls and successfully completed the ISMS-Lead auditor course. How can i approach the certification body to gain my audit experiences and to became a lead auditor? Please give your valuable suggestions.
  • Where to start from as a new CISO

Soon I'll achieve a position of CISO in a commercial organization. What should I start from on this position? What shall I do first?
  • ISO 27001:2013 and KPIs

The iso 27001:2013 states that a organization shall use kpi's. Where in the toolbox can i find those kip’s?
  • Roles and ResponsibilitiesAssets and risk assessment

The toolkit refers to several different positions, however every organization distributes it repsonsbilities the same way. Is there a comprehensive list of the required/needed areas of responsbilities so I can align that to the titles in my organization?hi, if I have lets say database server, i will consider it as one asset? or I have to add the server as asset and the database (oracle or sql) as another asset? and do I have to do it twice if I have one development database server and one production server? thank you
  • Difference between the internal audit and the risk assessment

How does a risk assessment approach differ from that of an internal audit based on Iso27001?
  • Certification body Interview

Hi Dejan, I need your help in a matter, we will have a first interview with a certification body for ISO 27001 certification next week, and I wonder what kind of questions should we ask them? what should we discuss exactly? NB: They have already sent us the offer of certification and we need to held a meeting before signing the contract Many Thanks
  • Asset Management Procedure

Hi Dejan, I have a question regarding the Asset management procedure, Shall we build such procedure? if it is so what should it encompass? and what we really mean by Assets (Are they only Desktops, laptops and servers or all type of assets (physical, software, hardware, intangible ...) Thanks in advance
  • Setting the scope of ISO 27k certification

In trying to explain what we are doing, I get my audience confused when sometimes I use the term “the system” to refer to the data processing system (in our case an e-commerce application) and sometimes “the system” is the ISMS. When I say “system” to the business unit, Sr. management, the CFO office, etc. I am sure they interpret “system” to mean some information processing system (some information technology “black box”) when in fact it is a really a business process. (I really hoped they were going to drop the term ISMS as, for some reason at least in the U.S., to refer to a business management process as a system seems unnatural.) Do I just have myself confused or would you have some advice how I can disambiguate the “data processing system” from the ISMS that controls it.