SPRING DISCOUNT
Get 30% off on toolkits, course exams, and Conformio yearly plans.
Limited-time offer – ends April 25, 2024
Use promo code:
SPRING30

IATF 16949 - Expert Advice Community

Create New Topic As guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Assign topic to the user

• Purpose of process flow diagram after APQP

Does the process flow diagram have any purpose after APQP is complete?  Once the cell is up, running and stable, does the PFD become a “non-living document” (unlike the PMEA and Control Plan-which continue on as “living documents”)?

• Minimum number of audits per year requirement

Per IATF 16949, 7.2.3, internal auditors need to execute a minimum number of audits per year, as defined by the organization. We have some internal audits who did not perform any audits last year. Now it seems we are in a paradox. Do they have to start all over and get retrained and certified? If they perform an audit now, will it be valid, since they do not currently meet the requirement? Is there a more efficient way to re-qualify the auditors, rather than going all the way back to square one?
  • Requirements for analytical laboratories under 16949 designation

Can you tell me analytical lab requirements for the 16949 standard?
  • Accreditation for 3D machines

We are at the very early stages of developing plans for the introduction of 100 SME’s to print 3D parts for OEMs.

Quite a tall order I know, but feasible if every area plays a part.
    I’m still unsure about the IATF requirements when it comes to 3D printing and how this all works when supplying OEMs. I couldn’t find this clause that you made reference to previously so perhaps you could send me the actual clause or the link directly to it? Essentially, I still need your support and guidance to make this work. Without IATF approval, the plans are futile. The plan is to

Create a minimum of 200 jobs in SA - SME’s to manufacture automotive parts for Electric Vehicles
    Grow the economy using existing technology (3D printing) for the next generation of vehicles i.e. EV. I plan to develop the plans to set up a new purpose-built greenfield manufacturing plant where SME’s can come together to manufacture components for local and international OEMs specifically for EV’s  I need to work with OEMs to identify the components that are not critical safety items and can be printed using Additive Manufacturing.
    Setting up a massive manufacturing site where each 3D printer receives requests from OEMs and they print them as per the orders ‘locally’.
    So that's it in a nutshell. Anything you can do to assist me here I would really appreciate it.
    The incentive for you is there will be the need for the IATF certificate. The question is, will we need accreditation for the plant OR for each product that is produced by the 3D machines?"

• Mandatory checkpoint to be present in product audit

What are the mandatory checkpoint should present in a product audit? As per IATF requirement neither itself product audit is invalid?

• Certification requirements for SME's - Automotive

I am looking into building local supply chain for the supply of diverse automotive components for local OEMs
    Creating jobs and manufacturing locally are key requirements for SA and many other countries I believe. 

What are the requirements for SME’s to be able to supply OEMs with parts from a IATF16949 perspective?

The cost to get certified is prohibitive for most SME’s and so I am investigating ways to work with you to get our economy up and running again. 

My vision is to get 100 SME’s IATF certified to manufacture non critical components using 3D technology.

Can you please assist. I have a meeting tomorrow and would really appreciate being able to give them feedback on this critical point.

One more point, is how does IATF change when it comes to 3D printing of components for 

• Standard approach/Framework for meeting all Quality clauses

First, I would like to thank you for the content available on your side 

Let's say, for example, the APQP approach can be implemented for meeting the criteria for design and development and related clause. Do we have a standard approach/Framework for meeting all Quality clauses, which will ensure that efficiency of my process? 

• Sheet metal industries (press shop) process validations

sheet metal industries (press shop)process validations, any guidelines?

• Is Core Tools the most important tools in implementing IATF 16949?

Is Core Tools the most important tools in implementing IATF 16949? Why?

• Do internal auditors need training?

Do internal auditors need training?

Page 10 of 32 pages