SPRING DISCOUNT
Get 30% off on toolkits, course exams, and Conformio yearly plans.
Limited-time offer – ends April 25, 2024
Use promo code:
SPRING30

IATF 16949 - Expert Advice Community

Create New Topic As guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Assign topic to the user

• Is IATF accreditation necessary?

Can you please confirm if the ISO certification would be a sufficient qualification for SME’s to produce 3D parts for automotive OEM’s for the aftermarket supply. In *** (and I’m sure globally also), creating local  jobs through is number one priority. Using new technology such as 3D printing is one area where I see great potential. The plan is to create jobs for SME’s to supply Automotive 1st and 2nd tier OEM partners with car components. In order to supply parts to 1st tier OEMs for example, which accreditations do the SME’s NEED to have in order to meet the stringent automotive quality standards for supply and is this different if we use 3D additive manufacturing to ‘print’ parts?  We are exploring this in depth with 3D supply partners and I need to be clear about the requirements to see if this plan to engage SME’s is feasible or not. Must SME’s have AIFT16949 accreditation or would ISO 9000 be sufficient. What are the approximate costs and timeframe in meeting the minimum requirements.
  • Time limit for document show to auditor during audit

Is IATF define the time limit for document show to the auditor during audit
    If Yes then in which clause?

• IATF 16949 4.4.1.2 Product

'm trying to figure out what to ask during an audit regarding this portion of clause 4.4.1.2 h) defined responsibilities, definition of escalation process and flow of information, including top management, and customer notification;Thank you.

• Warranty and Lifetime

Company where I work is not very big and activity is related with assembly of wire harnesses for automotive.
    Recently I was requested to give info for Lifetime of the product and Warranty management to our OEM potential customer I have read of course IATF points related to this but it's still not very clear.
    1. What are obligations related to warranty management from supplier side?
    2. What info I have to collect to answer about lifetime?

• Planning a gage R&r Studies for all instruments

Hello/ I am planning a gage R&r Studies for all instruments acc to IATF, IATF 16949 ,what can do recommend to meet compliance ? Since we have manw instruments;Can I make MSA planning according to a certain criteria ? if so, couldyou please let me know some possible options Thanks and best regards
  • Format of procedure preparation

Sir shall I know whether the IATF procedure format, whether the procedure can be prepared in word or in excel as flow format

• Discussion regarding CSR

If FORD CSRs are available on Iatf global website but organization does not received any intimation from Customer regarding the same. Is it come under the criteria of Major or Minor NC?

• Design process

I want to buy the documents but I have 1 question before that. I am not sure that we should include or exclude the design process. We don't design the parts but we do design the tooling for the parts.

• IATF 16949 for software companies

Is IATF 16949 needed for a company which the product is software for automotive industry ? Or is it only related to supply chain production (hardware) companies?
  • Customer specific requirements

How to deploy Customer Specific Requirements? We have seven customers out of that two customers are OEM. Is there any matrix or template available?

Page 8 of 32 pages