SPRING DISCOUNT
Get 30% off on toolkits, course exams, and Conformio yearly plans.
Limited-time offer – ends April 25, 2024
Use promo code:
SPRING30

IATF 16949 - Expert Advice Community

Create New Topic As guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Assign topic to the user

• File storage of embedded software source code

What are the IATF requirements and/or industry standard for storing source code files? For example, I was "told" that using external web-based storage sites such as GIT are not good practice for automotive industry. What are the big automotive companies doing for this?
  • Advisory

What do I start with if it is the first time I implement a QMS?
  • Error proofing

I need to implement error proofing in control plan how it can be displayed for error proofing any standard format is available?
  • IATF 16949:2016 for Application software by companies supplying to OEMs

What is the stand on IATF 16949 for companies developing software that goes into the vehicle at application layer - either as a Tier 1 or Tier 2. Not always embeeded on a hardware, but sometimes may be run inside a compute environment ? (Eg : Infotainment Applications) Any ideas ?
  • Certification for IATF 16949 Section 8.3 (Design and Development of Products)

My companies manufacturing plant is certified to IATF 16949 with the section 8.3 exception. Typically we are a design to print company. However, we are currently working on some products that are internally designed and developed. We are now thinking we would like to get certified for Section 8.3. Do you have any Checklists specific to section 8.3 or anything that help me prepare for an audit for section 8.3?
  • management of measuring instruments

how to identify smooth pads, threaded pads, threaded rings in the store and how to manage their accuracy apart from their external calibration because it would be very expensive any suggestion, documentation use, links would be very useful thank you so much!
  • Question on identifying organization’s customer

I have question about the identify organization’s customer, there are many opinion about the way to identify customer, so I feel it not clear

If you can support, please help me with my question:

My company had IATF’s certificate, and we need to re-identify our customer

My company is a child company of corporation

We receive purchase order from mother company & other company belong to our’ corporation (subsidiaries)

Are mother company & other subsidiaries my customer?

Thank you for your support

• Clauses related to engineering and production

Need one clarity like what are the clauses related to engineering in IATF.
    And what are the clauses related to production.

• Random Shipping paperwork audits

We have created an audit system for our shipping department. It involves a checklist type document. We do not audit every shipment, and the person shipping a particular item does not audit their own shipment. We have placed a vague statement in our procedure indicateing we do random audits using this form. Are we compliant?

• Inspection and dock audit template and minimum criteria to satisfy IATF requirements

We have been working hard through the tool kit we have purchased. 1. Is there a template for receiving inspection and dock audit? 2. What is the minimum criteria to satisfy IATF requirements?
Page 5 of 32 pages