IATF 16949 - Expert Advice Community

Create New Topic As guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Assign topic to the user

• SPC for big subgroups

Hello. I have been working with SPC Xbar-R charts, for measurements samples sizes from 1 to 7 .

Now I have a situation that I am not sure how to handle: In a new process we got, there is a measurement machine that performs thickness measurements from one sample and the result we got (from 30K-10K measurements) are Average, Max, Min.

I was asked to use SPC to keep track of the process performance using this three data. I am a little bit confused since the sample from I got the three statistics (Avg, max and Min) is really big so I cannot apply the typical SPC ideas.

First, I tried to use this three data for a Xbar-R chart, but it is clearly wrong since the sample I am using (3 data) comes from a bigger sample (10K-30K). I was thinking to use Xbar-S chart, but I am afraid it will be the same problem.

Thank you very much in advance.

• Creation of training procedure

I just got an assignment from the Quality Manager to create a training procedure.
    I'm new to the industry and I am the HR Manager. I feel lost in the sauce. Can you help?

• Change management process

Following the process activities, the escalation courses a change request do we need to trigger a change management process? For instance, a user cannot access the website because there's a problem with a rule within the firewall, it's not a major incident but creates a change.

• Process owner of Training plan documents

I just have a question. Who is the process owner of Training plan documents? HR or department heads?

• Timeline for processes audit

Can you please verify: do we audit all processes 1 time for every 3 years (=3 times in a 3-year cycle) or is it only 1 time in 3 years?

It states that we have to audit all processes over a 3 year cycle/audit program/period.

Do we audit all process each year during the 3 years, which would equal 3 audits per process or,

Do we audit 1 time during the 3 year period so each process is audited 1 time in 3 years?
    I am trying to get clarification on the requirement.

I believe, and in my past experiences, I have audited all processes each year in a 3 year cycle, so each process is audited 3 times in the 3 year cycle.

(in other words each process-full QMS processes must be audited every year)

The question has arrised at my new place of employment, but the standard is not clear.

• industrialization KPI's

Hello,
    Happy new year everyone!

i'm wondering what indicators which commonly used to mesure the performance of the industrialization process which includes APQP procedure and the PPAP file submission

thank you for your help!

best regards

• The most relevant tools supporting PPAP processes

My most pressing question is what are the most relevant tools supporting PPAP processes? The reason for this is that I am creating an outsourcing team and I need to be sure we are teaching the most relevant tools regarding PPAP

• IATF16949 VE ISO 9001

1. IATF16949 dokumanlarını biliyorum ancak ISO9001:2015 ten farkını çıkaramadım. ISO 9001 de olmayıp IATF16949 olan neler var nereden ulaşabilirim bu bilgiye.

2. Ve ISO 9001:2015 de tasarım iatf16949 gibi hariç tutulabiliyor mu acaba şimdiden teşekkürler ?

• Is IATF accreditation necessary?

Can you please confirm if the ISO certification would be a sufficient qualification for SME’s to produce 3D parts for automotive OEM’s for the aftermarket supply. In *** (and I’m sure globally also), creating local  jobs through is number one priority. Using new technology such as 3D printing is one area where I see great potential. The plan is to create jobs for SME’s to supply Automotive 1st and 2nd tier OEM partners with car components. In order to supply parts to 1st tier OEMs for example, which accreditations do the SME’s NEED to have in order to meet the stringent automotive quality standards for supply and is this different if we use 3D additive manufacturing to ‘print’ parts?  We are exploring this in depth with 3D supply partners and I need to be clear about the requirements to see if this plan to engage SME’s is feasible or not. Must SME’s have AIFT16949 accreditation or would ISO 9000 be sufficient. What are the approximate costs and timeframe in meeting the minimum requirements.
Page 7 of 32 pages