SPRING DISCOUNT
Get 30% off on toolkits, course exams, and Conformio yearly plans.
Limited-time offer – ends April 25, 2024
Use promo code:
SPRING30

IATF 16949 - Expert Advice Community

Create New Topic As guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Assign topic to the user

• Advance QMS from ISO 9001:2015 to IATF 16949:2016

I am looking for steps to enhance our QMS from just ISO 9001:2015 to IATF 16949:2016. All that I find for IATF 16949 assumes you do not yet have a QMS. I am looking to develop a project plan on steps to take and additional work entailed.

• IATF 16949 Certification

We just renewed our ISO certification in December. Can we try for the IATFcertification this year or have to have something else before?

• Performance Evaluation

How to define KPI's for each process as per IATF requirements?

• SPC

I would like to ask you about SPC issues. Why is SPC always related to GR&R?

• Internal Audits

Our Registrar auditor communicated that we are not performing our internal audits correctly. We schedule our audits for each element of the standard and perform the audit of our processes to each element of the standard. He stated that you must perform the audits for each process (inputs, outputs, interactions: Turtle Diagram) and how it links to the standard. What is the correct method?

• Customer Special Characteristics

When a customer identifies a special characteristic and you identify where that SC is influenced in your process, does the standard specifically state that you have to place visualization to identify "Good" and "Bad" examples for workers to know and understand what impacts the special characteristic? If this is not the case, what exactly must a worker know about the special characteristic?

• Maintenance requirements for electrical equipment

I need to determine if the maintenance requirements for electrical equipment of IATF 16949 meet or exceed the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Standard 70.

• IATF Internal Audit Checklist Guide

I work as a quality assurance expert at an auto parts company. I ask you for help and what should be followed up and observed for internal audit by the IATF Internal Audit Checklist Guide as well as in each clause of the standard.

• Product Safety Requirement

Thank you for providing this service, it is very kind of you. My question concerns the Product Safety requirement. We are a Tier 1 OEM manufacturer for Brakes, Steering, Suspension. Every single one of these parts are considered Safety Product. There isn't a specific characteristic of product safety, highlighting potential issues for one or more product safety failure would be impossible as our entire operation is producing parts start to finish that are critical to product safety. In other words, we are complying with the requirement with the exception of a) and i) according to our IATF auditor's NCR we were issued. I'm trying to create the documented process for this clause. However, I'm at a loss on how to do this because every component of the part and the part itself is Safety Product.

• Requirement of 7.2.3

What is the difference between the requirement of 7.2.3 to the previous ISO/TS8.2.2.5?

Page 17 of 32 pages