IATF 16949 - Expert Advice Community

Create New Topic As guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Assign topic to the user

• Training records

Not as familiar with IATF as some others, the question is on training records. Does a company have to keep training records in one central area? controlled? so not floating around a plant? or can have each training record with each process?
  • Scope of Certification

1. What are all the products to be added in the Scope of Certification?
    2. If the product is is in under development stage (4th Phase in APQP) No PPAP approval got from the customer. Will it be possible to add in the Scope of Certification?
  • Customer-specific requirements

In which kind of document is better to describe Customer Specific Requirements? In a Process, Procedure or Work Instruction?
  • Mandatory documents

I have one more question. In the attached file I can see that some document are not mandatory for IATF certification. Does that mean that I have the possibility to exclude them totally from my scope when I’m implementing the IATF in m y business?
  • Difference between IATF 16949 and ISO 9001

What is the difference between IATF 16949:2016 and ISO 9001:2015?
  • Product safety

What should be the special approval of the PFMEA & Control Plan? Under the requirement of the IATF Standard 4.4.1.2 Product safety?
  • Calibration

Currently, I am working with an automotive company. Now I am working to improve the calibration method which each instrument need to be calibrated at least once a year. But through my reading in Japan the implement calibration based on the instrument reading itself. As long as the reading meets the specification. So my concern is there any clause or term from IATF that I can follow regarding these matters. Thank you.
  • Linearity and Stability

When to accept instrument, I mean so to say, what is the acceptance criteria of bias. similar issue with Linearity & stability?
  • Identification of field failures

1. Dear, thank you for your sharing. Could you please tell me that, in chapter 9.3.2.1 j: of IATF16949:2016, "identification of potential field failures identified through risk analysis (such as FMEA)". What is the 'identification' of potential field identified?
  • IATF Internal audit competency

1. I am an IATF certified internal auditor. I left an IATF certified company and moved to a company that is not. I am considering approaching my former employer and offering to conduct their internal audits for them. Would you know if this can be done with just an Internal audit cert?
Page 20 of 32 pages