AS9100 - Expert Advice Community

Create New Topic As guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Assign topic to the user

• AS9100D Operational Risk Management

Our process is VERY simple in nature and is LOW tech, there are no moving parts. All of our products are made to customer specs and we DO NOT do any product development. We produce fiberglass linings for aircraft cargo holds. I am unsure as to how to deal with section 8.1.1 of AS9100D. Attached is the section from our contract review procedure that deals with risk. Is this sufficient? We have been using this for years with no objection from our auditor.
  • Updating NCRs in the OASIS database

A new nonconformity report (NCR) has been entered in OASIS.
  • AS9100 Clause 8.1.3 - Product Safety

We provide foam insulation as per Boeing's spec and our composite is listed on Boeing's QPL. They are no key or critical characteristics and if our product "fails" nothing will happen to the aircraft. We test every lot of product to ensure that it meets the required Boeing specs so is that enough to satisfy 8.1.3 (product safety)
  • Revision Control of AS9100 Quality Manual

"If my Quality Manual (QMS rev K) was AS9100B and now is AS9100D should my QMS rev K (as9100C) rev to L or A (as9100D) My logic is Rev: A because Rev: A "initial release"refers to AS9100D and Rev: K to AS9100B"
  • How PDCA meets the sections of AS9100 Rev D

I would like to have some kind of distribution chart how PDCA meets the sections of the QMS
  • Can you certify to AS9102?

Can an organization be certified by a 3rd party to AS9102B in the same fashion as they might be certified to AS9100C?
  • QMS process interaction map

"Sir, We recently went through the AS9100 audit and was wrote up for our QMS process interaction map not having the correct reference. Does this fall into the "no mandatory documents being required?" Please explain what "no mandatory documents being required."
  • Main focus for AS9100 Rev D product realisation

what are the main things to be focused in AS9100 standards. from product realization point of view
  • Conducting AS9100D internal audits

CONDUCTING AS9100D INTERNAL AUDITS AS PER ORGANISATION QMS MANUAL AND PROCEDURES ARE ACCEPTABLE? OR INTERNAL AUDITS TO BE CONDUCTED ONLY AS PER AS9100D STANDARD. PLEASE ADVISE.
Page 13 of 14 pages