AS9100 - Expert Advice Community

Create New Topic As guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Assign topic to the user

• ISO 9001:2015 to AS9100 Rev D transition

I am the Internal Auditor of our small manufacturing, fabrication and polishing company that transitioned to ISO 9001:2015 using the Advisera transition toolkit. Our transition was officially certified by Perry Johnson Registrars in February 2018. Our company now has customers that are requesting that we become AS9100 certified. One of our potential customers is referring to AS9102 FAI. I am confused as to:
  • Response to AS9100 certification NC

We recently had a Stage Two 3rd Party audit for AS9100D. We had 3 minor Nonconformances. The auditor is trying to tell us that we need to our Corrective Actions completed and in place within 30 days. I believe this is wrong. I know we are required to have a Corrective Action "Plan" approved by the auditor, but I believe we actually have until the next Surveillance Audit to have the Corrective Action completed.
  • AS9100 Certification Fees

If possible, can you confirm the fees required to obtain AS9100 certified. I would presume to include:
  • AS9100 Application to tanks

When AS9100 Quality Management Systems - talks about Requirements for Aviation, Space, and Defense Organizations, can we understand that applies in example for war tanks?
  • AS9100 Rev D documentation

1. Would like to know the required documents to present for registrar document review.
  • AS9100D: Do you need to reject entire lots

A theoretical case:
  • AS9100 RevD Process Documentation

We are new to in house processing. We just received a job that requires us to use nitrogen to press bushings. Do I have to write a process for the use of the nitrogen or would an all inclusive process be sufficient?
  • Whats changes in AS9100 Rev D

ISO9000 vs ISO9001: I was lead auditor using ISO9000 in the early 2000's, so what is the difference using AS9001?
  • Configuration Management in AS9100 Rev D

I would like to know to which standard is configuration management implemented in South Africa on both private and public projects.
  • Product safety and process validation

I am currently working to convert from ISO9001:2008 to AS9100 Rev D. I have run into a few road blocks and am in need of some assistance on how to complete. I am not sure what is being asked for product safety and how to go about performing a capacity and capability study for the process verification requirement.
Page 10 of 15 pages