AS9100 - Expert Advice Community

Create New Topic As guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Assign topic to the user

• Record Retention

In what procedure shall the record retention be allocated - Procedure 7 or procedure 8? Thanks

• Becoming AS9100 expert

How to become expert of AS9100?

• AS9100 - defining Top Management

Define - Top Management in section 5 of AS9100D

• AS9100 Design and Development Outputs

Design and Develooment Outputs:
    Clause 8.3.5.d - Does the organization ensure that design and development outputs: specifies the characteristics of products and services that are essential for their intended purpose and their safe and proper provision.
    Can you explain what this means please?

• AS9100 internal audit report

Is it mandatory to record all applicable clauses requirements in the internal audit report.Example (purchase process internal audit)we need to cover all clauses of purchase process as per AS9100 std and record the evidence in the audit report....if not record whether will it be a NC during in CB audit.. But we have internal audit Non conformity and action plan report....

• Control of External Providers

A part of our business is Design & Development although we do not currently have a contract to do this work nor had one since our AS9100 certification last year. So, at this time, I would say this activity is more like freelance prototyping. To create the design specimen, we use several external providers. I believe, since we have not sold our design nor sold any products to customers yet, I would not have to go through the rigor of controlling external providers under the standard. My fear is, an external auditor may feel differently. Your thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated.

• Business continuity plan

a)Which clause number of ISO 9001 - covers this requirements. Or this requirements covered in different standard.
    b)During AS9100 audit ,whether the auditors can ask Question regarding Business continuity plan ? So far no auditors asked directly this question during AS9100D audit..Is there any reason.

c)what is the difference between Contingency plan and Business continuity plan?

• AS9100 meaning

Dear friends,
    What is the meaning of AS in AS9100? Ican't fint anywere an explenation about.

• AS9100D, Section 8.4.1

I'm having trouble to decide the best way to meet this requirement:

"The organization shall identify and manage the risks associated with the external provision of processes, products, and services."

Any hints?

Page 3 of 14 pages