AS9100 - Expert Advice Community

Create New Topic As guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Assign topic to the user

• Documentation maintenance

How many years do documents need to be maintained for AS9100, with respect clauses?

• Implementing configuration management

I would like to know about how to avoidance of counterfeit products and how to implement configuration management throughout the organization.

• Performing an AS9102 FAI inspection

Can any manufacturer perform an AS9102 FAI inspection? Or does the manufacturing site have to be certified AS?

• Work instructions and processes

I have some questions about work instructions and Processe Do work instructions have to be as detailed as example: Tie your shoes make 2 loops for bunny ears and so on, how to blow nose fold tissue in half put up to nose then blow these are very short terms too my QAR wants them to be 100 pages longs for how to blow nose Help please We are in aerospace we have procedures and work instruction, sometimes with are not in work instructions How detailed do they have to be and are work instruction and full procedures required. We all have different views when reading AS9100D
  • AS9100 Revision C vs Revision D

What is the difference between as9100 rev c and rev d

• Guidelines for implementation

I need to implement AS 9100 certification in our company. How to start, I need the guideline and how to prepare the procedures.

• Adding AS9100 after implementing ISO 9001 and ISO 13485

Hi, We currently have ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 certification with BSI at our manufacturing facility. We are thinking of adding AS 9100. We are willing to update our 9001 scope so it is the same as AS 9100. But is it correct in thinking if we have AS 9100 then we have 9001? Also we currently have one QMS to cover both ISO, would we need a separate QMS for AS 9100? I feel like supplier evaluation and traceability are pretty similar requirements of AS 9100 and ISO 13485. Thank you for your help!
  • SOP naming conventions

Our current SOPs are structured to correlate to rev C in that the names are such as OP 7.5.2 - matching up to section 7.5.2 of rev C. The desired outcome of our update to rev D is to line up with the order of rev D as well. I am new to this project which will also include some combining, updating and improving SOPs at the same time. I could use some advice moving forward on how to structure the naming conventions as should I give them all new names like OP-001 and then file them into a binder under correlating numbers of AS9100 D (like OP001 is under tab 8.5.2 Identification and traceability)?

• Want to achieve AS9100 Rev D

We are looking to achieve AS9100 Rev D so we can get subcontract work brought in and some company's are asking for this. Hope you can help
  • AS9100 Design Requirement Application

1) A company has several sites all over the world. One site, in Sweden, has a design authority. They buy hours for design service from one of the American sites. This site has excluded the clause 8.3 in their scope. Should they? They work in the Swedish design system.
Page 5 of 14 pages