ISO 9001 - Expert Advice Community

Create New Topic As guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Assign topic to the user

• Organizational knowledge

"As an HR Executive I need guidance and advise. Wish to know how to start from an initial basis for ISO 9001. I have no past experience.”
  • Drawing a checklist

"How can I draw up a checklist to audit the top management of a training institute?"
  • Document numbering

"Can you become ISO compliant with number types of documentation numerous structures? For example, one facility follows one type of numbering structure while another facility in the same company follows a different numbering structure for their documents? Or, are they required to be the same?”
  • Extension of scope

"My company is ISO certified [in one continent] and we would like to add UK hub [in another continent] which receive and distribute our product on our certification. I was wondering what a scope for those services would be.”
  • Risk management

"We wanted to implement ISO 9001:2015 in our organization so based on that I would like to ask few queries stated below: Could you give me a brief about clause 6.1.1 that which are the necessary area we need address. Is it a mandatory documented process? Or we can skip this clause by only documenting Risk management/ assessment on our company objective?"
  • Develop a traceability system

"Struggling to right a traceability procedure".
  • Customer feedback and organizational memory

"I was wondering if you could tell me the requirements in regard to "obtaining customer feedback". Does this need to be substantiated by documents or are verbal discussions in this regard acceptable to the standard?”
  • Auditor competence

"I currently have certification for ISO 9001-2008 Lead Auditor and Internal Auditor. Do I need to take the ISO 9001-2015? Also, is there a way to integrate ISO 27001 with ISO 9001?”
  • Risks and interested parties

1.Risk based - We only manufacture a bolt carrier for the assault weapons but we do buy the key and the bolt carrier group from other companies and offer our customers different stages of completion. So, on the risk-based thinking, I have included the risk to the processes and what can and will scrap the product in house. Is this OK? 2. The interested parties list is also contained in my procedure. Is this okay?