SPRING DISCOUNT
Get 30% off on toolkits, course exams, and Conformio yearly plans.
Limited-time offer – ends April 25, 2024
Use promo code:
SPRING30

ITIL & ISO 20000 - Expert Advice Community

Create New Topic As guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Assign topic to the user

• Service Management Plan in ISO20000-2018

Hi,

I'm currently working on the upgrade of ISO20000-2011 to -2018 within our organization. I'm not sure about the topics to be covered in the mandatory Service Management Plan.

I appreciate any explanation.

• Determining priority

Should a customer have a say in determining the priority, or is it the help desk who must determine the priority?

• BRM roles

What are the BRM Roles and Responsibilities per ITIL?

• ITIL&ISO 20000 over ISO 9001 in the IT area

Why would a company ask for ISO 20000 accreditation over 9001 in the IT area?

• Incident and problem tracking and recording

Part of ISO & ITIL compliance & certification requirements include incident & problem tracking & recording. I know Service Now is ISO certified & Service Aide is ITIL certified. If working towards both ISO & ITIL, can I use either Service Now or Service Aide for both certifications instead of 2 tools? Also, do the tools we use to implement our SMS have to be themselves ISO & ITIL certified? In other words, if we, for instance, implement
    • Office 365
    • SharePoint
    • CRM
    • ERP
    • C#
    • Python
    • SQL
    • Windows
    • Ubuntu
    • SSRS
    • Power BI
    • Azure
    • IoT
    are all these ISO & ITIL certified, that we know of &, is it enough to google this for confirmation?
  • Copyright notice

What is the copyright notice that is prohibited from being deleted?

• ITIL/ISO 20000 Documenting IT devices

Beyond business and IT Services, such as applications, like Office 365, custom implementation, do we need to document items such as:
    • Apple devices
    • Hardware
    • Firewall
    • Link Balancer
    • Management
    • Printer
    • Renewal
    • Router
    • SAN
    • Server
    • Switch
    • Wireless
    • Workstation
    • Inventory
    • Certificates
    • Phone Systems
    • Vendors
    • Vessels
    • Contacts
    • Data Links
    • Domains
    • File Shares
    • Locations
    • Licensing
    • LAN
    or not, please?   I further understand Appendix 1 Service Design Package to equate to functional specifications & Capacity management processes to equate to business requirements. Can you please confirm this?
  • Backout procedure

What is a backout procedure?

• Benefits of ITIL implementation

In the case of a University what are the benefits of implementating ITIL, and could you provide me with some implementation model and what processes to implement?

Initially I had proposed to start with 2 processes. Service Design (Catalog and Service Levels), and Service Operation (Incident and Problem Management)

• Designing IM structure and processes

We will be designing our IM structure and processes over the coming weeks/months, and was wondering if this should be represented within the service portfolio as an item in design/build? Or is it not a service as such so should be managedand communicated somewhere else?

Page 5 of 24 pages