Get 2 Documentation Toolkits for the price of 1
Limited-time offer – ends March 28, 2024

ITIL & ISO 20000 - Expert Advice Community

Create New Topic As guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Assign topic to the user

• Preventive measures and Incident report

Need to understand the following - Incident Report, Machines for preventive measure, Preventive maintenance record

• Configuration management process

hi, in our project we do not have CMDB thus we do not have configuration management process. my understanding that this process can be excluded during the ISO 20000 implementation / audit. and this can be mentioned the scope statement / SOW. no need to do any training / awareness for the team with regards the configuration management process. so will not be able to fulfill the requirements of ISO20000 with regards this process but this will not affect our certification. am I right?

• ISO 20000 vs ITIL

We are ISO20000 certified for the last 3 years and suddenly our management thought of building the ITSM based on ITIL. I would like to know if this has an impact on the ISO20000 certification.

• Clause 7.1

I am looking for the evidence required for clause 7.1 resources in ISO20000

• ITIL and COBIT framework vs standard

ITIL is clearly explained that is a practice, so does it mean it a framework?

And what is cobit framework or standards, please explain.

• ITIL vs ISO 20000

I am new to ITSM and service desk. What is the difference between ITIL and ISO 20000. IF you are an ITIL expert, does it mean you qualify for ISO 20000 Certification?

• Standard changes under ITIL

Re. Standard Changes or pre-authorized - What does ITIL recommend as the standard for how many attempts a change must be implemented successfully before it can be considered being a STANDARD change, please?

• Opportunities and challenges of the application of standards

Hi. I am looking for opportunities and challenges of the application of standards and framework and the role of the organization to the value creation.

• Incident Priority Levels & Classes

I want to know what does ITIL explicitly say about the no. of priority levels recommended for incident priority?

• ISO 20000 vs ISO 9001

We have 2 certifications: ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 20000. One of my auditors said we may use ISO 9001:2015 that covers all processes in ITIL also, can you help us with that? I mean, is it similar, what should we do?
Page 4 of 24 pages